Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Am So Thankful For My Man!!!


We arrived home late yesterday afternoon from a 2 day couples retreat in the Helderberg mountains here in upstate NY. What a wonderful time we had with other believers from our Church.

We had great Biblical teaching from Bro. Jim Belisle and his wife, Linda. We had split sessions with specific training for Men and Ladies. Yes, God did make us different. In the marriage, we each have a specific role to fill. Despite what many of us have learned from the world and observing worldly marriages, God has a very definite plan for marriage. For those of us not raised in Christian homes, with strong examples of a Christian marriage to observe and follow, these teachings are invaluable.

I am thankful to my parents. Despite the many obstacles, they stayed together. They are both in Heaven now and I am so thankful each were saved before their deaths, but Christ was not the head of their marriage. However they were committed to each other and the marriage.

I am so thankful for the marriage the Lord has blessed me with. I am so very thankful for the Husband God provided me with. While my husband was not saved when we were married, God through His merciful grace saw fit to see him saved!! God spoke to my heart many times over the last few days on becoming all I can be as a wife to the wonderful husband God gave me. We live in such an egocentric, all me society that even in Christian homes that worldly philosophy can filter in if we are not careful. I have read Debi Pearls book, Created to be His Helpmeet and have found the teachings contained in that book, based on the Word of God, the most helpful book on a wife's role in marriage that I have ever read. I highly recommend it!!!!! Of course the exception is to the Bible. God's word gives a very clear plan on a Husband's and Wife's role in the relationship of marriage.

I have read the book through several times and refer to it often, as I sometimes get "Stinkin thinkin" in regards to my marriage. It is not my Husband's problem to fix, it is mine. When I have let worldly philosophy creep in, whether it be through magazines, friends, family etc. I get out of my God ordained role and start thinking wrong. I must keep my eyes and heart fixed on Christ. That's why as Christian wives it is so very important for us to "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23

I love my husband with my whole heart and it is my prayer that God will always give me the grace to be the best wife I can be!! Michelle

No comments: