Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Christmas Gifts!



Sorry for the poor image quality. I am still learning how to use my new digital camera! Stay tuned for the post on how God provided this camera to me!! For those of you that have followed this blog you know that I did not have a digital camera or a cell phone. When you make choices to embrace the frugal life(thus gaining freedom) you choose to for go some unnecessary luxuries. Contrary to some, we believe that cell phones and digital cameras are luxuries. We survived for a long time without either one. However, God is a much better provider than I deserve and I will be posting on how He, in His loving kindness, gave our family both.

On to the Christmas deals. While shopping in Kmart today (They have delicious Florida strawberries for $1.99, fresh fruit is a big weakness of mine!) I came across the above deal. They had a large lot of Joe Boxers holiday boxer gift packs. There are 3 pairs per box and they were originally marked $19.99. They were marked down to $1.99 which is in itself, a very big markdown. However when I got to the register they were 30% off, making them $1.39 each!!!!!!!!

They also had a single pair of holiday boxers in a Christmas ornament marked down to .99 They were original marked $9.99. These were also 30% off so I got them for .69 each!!!!!! A tremendous savings. So for $4.16 I got 4 more Christmas gifts for next year!! God is sooooooooooooooo good to me:)

These boxers are usually quite expensive. If you have a boxer loving hubby or son in your life, these will make very nice gifts!

Frugal Tip: You must find a designated place to store your gifts. I keep my deals all stashed in one location. It won't be a great deal if you can't remember were you put it. You should also keep a detailed list of what you have purchased in your purse. That way when you stumble upon deals(I believe God puts them in your path) you will know what you have all ready purchased. Aha, think of the peace and tranquility you will feel when your Christmas shopping is done by the end of summer and you have saved literally hundreds of dollars! If that doesn't motivate you into frugal living I don't know what will!!

Have a blessed day, Michelle

No comments: