Monday, January 18, 2010

Eating From The Pantry Challenge Update


Well I wanted to update you all on our eating from the pantry challenge. As I shared in a recent post, my pantry wasn't completely stocked. My freezer was less than full and I didn't have nearly the reserves in my health and beauty pantry as I normally do(Yes, I have two pantry's!)
but I decided to start where I was and use up what we had on hand.
I am not going to post our full meals but I did want to share what we have been using.
2 boxes of Betty Crocker mashed potatoes
1 box of Betty Crocker Scalloped potatoes
3 cans creamed corn
1 can cream chicken soup
2 packages of Jello
Can of Tuna
Pecans
From the Freezer
2 Loaves of bread
Chicken Legs (I made fried chicken for the first time this week. It was yummmmmmmy!!)
Pork Chops
2 bags Frozen Veggies
1 Package of homemade Turkey stock (Made from our Christmas Turkey)
From the Fridge
Sour Cream ( I had a couple of containers that I had bought a while ago on sale w/cpn. I needed to use them so I made Coffee Cakes and gave them to some folks at our church)
All different kinds of fruit that needed to be eaten up before it went bad!
I did grocery shop this week and coupon the sales. I was out of most paper products and really need to start couponing again. However I have tried to supplement or build meals around what I have on hand. That has been helpful to allow me to spend a little more on things I am out of.
I am gearing up to make February the kick off to De cluttering. I am still thinking of all of the details, but I hope some of you will join me. Spring will be coming and I would love to be clutter free before I start my Spring cleaning! Stay tuned for further details.........
Blessings,
~Michelle~

No comments: