Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Young Womans Heart

Recently my husband and I attended a Youth Conference in Southington, Conn. We had a great time and I got to meet a sweet young lady by the name of Rebecca. I have been following her
blog for quite some time. As a youth leaders wife it is a great encouragement and inspiration to me to know that there are girls out there that have a heart and desire for the Lord! I encourage you to check out her blog here.



My heart is burdened greatly for the spiritual state of many young (and older women too) that I meet. Ladies today appear harsh and hard. Many lack compassion. They lack a desire for things feminine. Modesty. That is a big one!! You can tell modesty through looking into a young woman's eyes. I have met some ladies recently who bore a hole right through you with their eyes!



I am not talking of unsaved girls here. I am talking of saved born again believers! Where is all the Christian training? The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine teachers of good things; I have emphasized teachers of good things.

I am going to be blunt here and guess it's because we, the aged woman, don't posses "the good things". To posses means that you own or hold in your possession. In other words you have to have it to give it.

God did not bless my husband and I with a daughter. In fact He gave us one child. A precious son. There was a time when a root of bitterness developed in my heart. I have victory over that ( a future post someday maybe?) now. I trust in God's sovereignty and that He and He alone holds our future. I do not claim to know how to raise daughters. I do know that the Bible gives us many examples as to how to do so. For the Christian, the Bible should be our final authority in all matters of faith and practice. The problem, most of us are Biblically illiterate. Before you start judging me, I hold myself in this group too. So many of us choose to run to all different sources when problems rearing our children arise. The Internet, (just let me say here Google does not have the answer to everything!), our Pediatrician, worldly thinking, Martha Stewart is not the only woman who should posses "good things" . Unfortunately the one true source of absolute truth, is the last resource we check with. The Bible. God's Holy Word.


It is my hearts cry to be the right influence on the girls the Lord allows to bring into my life. I must purpose in my heart to first find out what is important to God (Reading His Word) in regards to being the right type of woman. But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 1 Peter 3:4 I have underlined the word ornament. According to Websters 1828 Dictionary, the word ornament means to adorn, to deck, to embellish. To me that means a meek and quiet spirit is something that I can "put on" so to speak. Like you would "put on" your clothing. Which brings this scripture to mind, But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. Romans 13:14 To me it is clear that if I am ever going to adorn myself with the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, I must first put on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus was our ultimate example as teacher. To teach us to be a servant, He washed the disciples feet (John 13: 1-7) To show us the importance of baptism, He was baptized (Matthew 3:13-7) and to teach us a life of sacrifice, He became the ultimate sacrifice unto salvation (Matthew 27). Leaders must be willing to lead by example. Unfortunately many lack the character in our own Christian lives that we expect from those around us. (I am including myself in this group too)!



This post has become more lengthy than intended. I started out just sharing a few thoughts. I have shared a great burden on my heart. It is my prayer that I will be all that I can be , to first and foremost bring glory and honor to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. Secondly, there is a generation watching and following, and dear Christian I am fearful we are failing miserably.



By His grace,

~Michelle~





There are 2 websites for young ladies that I highly recommend. Both have been a great encouragement to me.

Miss Rebecca @ A Rather Unusual Maiden For God

Miss Jenn @ Blessed Femina

No comments: