Friday, August 1, 2008

Update

Many of you may have thought I had fallen off the face of the earth. Not so .......It has just been incredibly busy around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you praying for our friends son Elijah, thank you. It has been almost 10 days, and Elijah has had no new seizure activity. Glory to God!!! I am grateful to all of you that may have lifted him to the throne of grace.

VBS was a great Spirit filled week! We had 99 children come thru our VBS this year, with many children coming to know Christ as their Saviour. We even had the parent of one of our children accept Christ as her personal Saviour. God truly blessed our efforts of this Vacation Bible School. Elijah's Dad was the director of VBS and he had to miss two days. Everybody pitched in, did their role and then some. Our son was the puppet this year and he did a great job. My husband was in many of the skits. It was a profitable week for the kingdom of heaven. I myself was saved at a VBS when I was 7. Never underestimate a child coming to know Christ as their Saviour.

Teen camp. Headed out to Butler, Penn. Monday August 4th. Pray for me!!! We are headed to camp with a group of 18 from our church. My husband and I have been praying that the Holy Spirit will do a great work this week in the youth of our Church. We have also been praying He will do a great work in us!!!! I am excited for camp and the opportunity to spend the week with the Teens that attend our Church. We have some of the greatest Teens in the world!

My Husbands birthday is today. I want to Praise the Lord and thank Him for the husband He gave to me. While he is not perfect (pretty close) He is absolutely perfect for me:)!!

As you can see my family serves in several ministries of our Church. I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed us to serve as a family. I feel privileged to serve beside my Husband as God is working in his life and heart everyday. I feel privileged that God has so clearly shown me my role as help meet to my husband, though I fail him daily. At times life gets very busy and there are days I get weary and heavy burdened. Those are almost always the days I have not sought the Lord as I should have. God has never failed me, though daily I have failed him. I am thankful I have been saved to serve. I have been bought with a price and I am so thankful He is made perfect in my weakness.

I pray you are all having a great summer. I am looking forward to a new school year, (we have a freshman this year) and how the Lord will lead us in choosing our curriculum. After camp, I will be continuing on my "Coming Home Series". I am very excited to continue to share with you all how the Lord worked in our lives. It truly is, by His grace and for His glory!

Have a blessed week!! Michelle

No comments: